Driving Instructor Jobs At Grand Prix Driving School
Job requirements for driving school instructors:
- Experienced Driving Instructor:
- Looking for experienced driving school instructor who is strongly motivated to work for a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) certified driving school and to teach students on how to drive motor vehicles safely.
- Must have a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Instructor Certificate (MV-524)
- Must have at least 5 years of driving experience without any points or violation on his/her license
- Own driving school car with dual breaks, a plus
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- No DMV Instructor Certificate (MV-524), not a problem.
- New Driving instructor applicant must meet several requirements, including:
- must have a driver license valid for operation in New York State that has been valid for at least 2 years preceding application in the class of vehicle that the instructor intends to teach in, and
- has not been suspended or revoked in the last 2 years
- shows an acceptable driving record
- must have a high school or high school equivalency diploma
- must pass the required tests, which include
- a vision test
- road sign test
- written test
- driving school instructor driving test
- Driving school instructors must also complete “a course in driver training and traffic safety, approved by the commissioner, consisting of at least 30 hours” (known as the Methods and Content Course for In-Car Instruction [MCCII]) before the first renewal of their instructor certificate. This 30-hour course is taught by various community colleges and driving schools that have been approved by DMV to provide this course.
- New Instructors are required to have on-road training from an experienced driving instructor of Grand Prix Driving School
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable of the DMV rules of the roads
- Must acquire driving instruction techniques and safe driving instruction on how to teach driver education students safely from an experienced driving instructor of Grand Prix Driving School
- Willing to work evenings and weekends and must be familiar with the streets of Manhattan.
- The driving school will provide a driving school car with dual breaks for teaching only.
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call the office for an interview at (212) 752-0100.
+1 (212) 752-0100
806 Lexington Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10065
(Between 62nd St and 63rd St)