Driving Instructor Jobs New York
Driving Instructor Jobs At Grand Prix Driving School
Job requirements for driving school instructors:
- Experienced Driving Instructor:
- Looking for experienced driving school instructor who is strongly motivated to work for a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) certified driving school and to teach students on how to drive motor vehicles safely.
- Must have a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Instructor Certificate (MV-524)
- Must have at least 5 years of driving experience without any points or violation on his/her license
- Own driving school car with dual breaks, a plus
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- No DMV Instructor Certificate (MV-524), not a problem.
- New Driving instructor applicant must meet several requirements, including:
- must have a driver license valid for operation in New York State that has been valid for at least 2 years preceding application in the class of vehicle that the instructor intends to teach in, and
- has not been suspended or revoked in the last 2 years
- shows an acceptable driving record
- must have a high school or high school equivalency diploma
- must pass the required tests, which include
- a vision test
- road sign test
- written test
- driving school instructor driving test
- Driving school instructors must also complete “a course in driver training and traffic safety, approved by the commissioner, consisting of at least 30 hours” (known as the Methods and Content Course for In-Car Instruction [MCCII]) before the first renewal of their instructor certificate. This 30-hour course is taught by various community colleges and driving schools that have been approved by DMV to provide this course.
- New Instructors are required to have on-road training from an experienced driving instructor of Grand Prix Driving School
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable of the DMV rules of the roads
- Must acquire driving instruction techniques and safe driving instruction on how to teach driver education students safely from an experienced driving instructor of Grand Prix Driving School
- Willing to work evenings and weekends and must be familiar with the streets of Manhattan.
- The driving school will provide a driving school car with dual breaks for teaching only.
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com. Or call the office for an interview at (212) 752-0100.
+1 (212) 752-0100
806 Lexington Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10065
(Between 62nd St and 63rd St)
What Our Students Are Saying
William is literally the greatest human driving instructor that could ever potentially exist. Brilliant mind. He breaks things down. He is logical. He keeps things simple, while at the same time letting you know everything that you need to know in order to the pass the test. Amazing guy in general as well. Would highly recommend to anyone wishing to learn how to drive. He will drill the fundamentals into your mind while putting a smile on your face.
Great driving school. Went there for 5 hour class and immediately after signed up for a road test package which includes lessons, road test appt, and use of their car for test. William was my instructor and I feel I was very lucky to have him. He’s a terrific guy and makes you feel very comfortable behind the wheel. He pinpoints your weaknesses and help you improve in those areas. Gave me confidence to pass road test which I managed to do on first attempt. Can’t recommend Grand Prix and William enough.
I highly recommend Grand Prix Driving School. I joyfully passed my test on Thursday, in Yonkers. I never would have passed if it the instructor, Mr. Barcena had not been so knowledgeable, kind and patient. Having a great sense of humor and knowing when to use it effectively comes from years of experience which Mr. Barcena has. I am so, so thankful to Mr. Barcena for getting me through this. Thank you and good luck taking the test.