Driving Courses For Teenages
See Beginner Driver learner permit application. If you are under age 18 and have a Class DJ or Class MJ permit, you must be aware of supervised practice driving hours required by NYS law that must be certified by your parent or guardian. The DMV recommends that you take a driver education course or professional driving lessons.
The DMV recommends that all learners have a minimum of 50 hours of supervised practice driving before they take their road test, with at least 15 hours at night. It is also recommended that at least 10 hours of supervised practice driving be in moderate to heavy traffic.
- To help you record your driving practice, click on driver training log sheet.
You must bring to the road test form MV-262 (Certification of Supervised Driving) completed by your parent, guardian, or driving school instructor to certify that you have had the required hours of supervised practice driving. Click on form MV 262.
Read about important changes to the NYS Graduated Driver License Law for junior drivers that take effect soon.
Driving lesson package:
- 50 hours – $4,145.00 (Including the 5 Hour Pre-licensing Course, Road Test Appointment and car rental)
- $3,850.00 (50 hours of Driving Lessons Only)
- DMV Classroom 5 hour pre-licensing course certificate (MV-278) $60
Upon completion of your 50 hour lesson, we will schedule your road test appointment. If you pass your road test, the license examiner normally gives you an interim driver license that is valid for 90 days. Keep the interim driver license with your learner permit as proof that you have a drive license.
- ROAD TEST APPOINTMENTS MUST BE CANCELLED WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS OF SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT DATE
- ALL SCHEDULED DRIVING LESSONS MUST BE CANCELLED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME.
- NOTE: Cancellations outside these required time frames will not be refunded.
Call Us To Schedule A Driving Course Now: (212) 752-0100
If you have questions about any of of the services we offer or need help deciding which program is right for you, please call our staff or fill out the form below. Our team is happy to help you get set up, signed up and on the road!
+1 (212) 752-0100
New York, NY 10065
(Between 62nd St and 63rd St)