Driving School Courses & Road Test Services
Serving New York City for over 25 years
Grand Prix Driving School is a one-stop-shop for all your driving test, 5-hour course and road test requirements. We provide everything you need to become a licensed driver no matter what your age or driving skill level. Below is a list of all the services we offer, we also offer a number of driving course packages that cover everything you need.
Courses & Road Test Services
& 5 Hour Pre-Licensing MV-278 Course
The 5 Hour Pre-licensing MV-278 Course, aka “the 5-hour course,” is a DMV-designed classroom instructed course that provides new drivers with information and tools to help them become safe drivers. All new drivers must complete this course before they can schedule their driving test to obtain their driver license. For most students, this course will provide the only formal opportunity to learn the basic rules of the road, safe driving principles, defensive driving skills, and other factors which affect their driving ability.
- We are licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Class instructions given by experienced, knowledgeable certified DMV driving instructors.
- 5 Hour Pre-licensing MV-278 Courses are held in a huge, modern classroom and at a very convenient location.
- Daily schedules except Sundays.
- Learner’s permit is required prior to attendance.
- DMV 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Certificate must be issued before you can apply for the road test.
Monday & Wednesday 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Friday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturdays 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Call Us To Schedule A 5 Hour Course Now: (212) 752-0100
Call Us To Receive Your Learners Permit Test Materials And To Learn About Our Driving Course Packages: (212) 752-0100
Grand Prix Driving School can provide you study materials including the Driver’s Manual, sample quizzes, application forms, and a list of identification documents that will be accepted when you apply for the permit. You must at least be 16 years of age or older when you apply. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the consent section of your application. The follow items are required:
- You must show proof of identity that has a total value of at least six points and proof of date of birth (Form MV-44). If you do not have six points or proof of identity, your parent or guardian can complete Form MV-45 at a DMV office and show proof of identity.
- You must show your Social Security card.
- Study the New York State Driver’s Manual.
- Complete application form MV-44 and take an eye test at the DMV office, or bring form MV-619 completed by an eye-care professional. Bring cash, check, or a credit card to pay the application fee and the driver’s license fee. Take the written permit test.
- Note: An appointment is not required, but you must arrive at the DMV office at least one half hour before the office closing time.
Road Test Services & Driving Courses
Looking for help with preparing for your New York driving test? You’ve come to the right place—Grand Prix Driving School has decades of experience with teaching novice motorists the road skills they need.
Too many people simply don’t prepare adequately for their driver’s license road tests. Either they fail to practice enough or practice according to the wrong DMV standards. Other people just can’t deal with all the rules they have to remember.
Let Grand Prix Driving School show you testing techniques to pass that demanding on-road test. Sign up for our simulated road test lessons. Your professional instructor will calmly and patiently:
- Draw attention to and correct your driving mistakes.
- Help you practice all the driving maneuvers required for the road test, including the following:
- parallel parking
- safe driving in heavy traffic
- three-point turn (turning around on a narrow street)
- Provide road test tips like smooth steering and acceleration, lane positioning, signals and markings, avoiding jerky braking, understanding traffic signs, managing speed, identifying potential driving hazards around you, and much more.
Call Us To Schedule A Course Now: (212) 752-0100
See Our Driving Packages
If you have questions about any of of the services we offer or need help deciding which program is right for you, please call our staff or fill out the form below. Our team is happy to help you get set up, signed up and on the road!
+1 (212) 752-0100
806 Lexington Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10065
(Between 62nd St and 63rd St)