Five Hour Pre-Licensing MV-278 Course
The Pre-licensing Course, aka “the 5-hour course,” is a DMV-designed classroom instructed course that provides new drivers with information and tools to help them become safe drivers. All new drivers must complete this course before they can schedule their driving test to obtain their driver license. For most students, this course will provide the only formal opportunity to learn the basic rules of the road, safe driving principles, defensive driving skills, and other factors which affect their driving ability.
- We are licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Class instructions given by experienced, knowledgeable certified DMV certified driving instructors.
- Given in a huge, modern classroom and at a very convenient location.
- Daily schedules except Sundays.
- Learner’s permit is required prior to attendance.
- DMV 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Certificate must be issued before you can apply for the road test.
Effective April 21, 2018 as per the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles:
- Students must present his/her Original Photo Learner Permit to the instructor at the pre-licensing course
- The Original Photo Learner Permit is the only acceptable form of identification.
- All Photo Learner Permits are to be examined by the instructor at the beginning of class, and when issuing a completion certificate, any altered or suspicious permit should be reported to your nearest DMV office.
- Anyone taking the Pre-Licensing Course “…must present a current NY Photo Learner Permit or a valid interim permit with a NYS Government-issued ID card (such as a Non-Driver ID Card, Expired NY Photo Permit, and/or Expired NY Photo License) to the instructor at the pre-licensing course.”Please see page 143 of the revised MV-277 (updated 7/2018), which will be posted on the website at www.dmv.ny.gov/org/forms/mv277.pdf
Call Us To Schedule A 5 Hour Course Now: (212) 752-0100
5 Hour Pre-Licensing MV-278 Course
Courses Are Offered:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:30pm to 10:30pm | Tuesday & Friday 11am to 4pm| Saturday 10am to 3pm
If you have questions about any of of the services we offer or need help deciding which program is right for you, please call our staff or fill out the form below. Our team is happy to help you get set up, signed up and on the road!
+1 (212) 752-0100
806 Lexington Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10065
(Between 62nd St and 63rd St)